Thank you for your interest to work with the staff of The Greater Piney Grove Baptist Church.
Please view the available opportunities at the Grove.
- Provides/Cooks delicious, wholesome, healthy, nutritional meals.
- Ensures that all culinary workers follow the safe serve guidelines.
- Keeps informed of changing health codes & ensures compliance with current food service codes.
- Ensures the cleanliness and upkeep of the kitchen, storage areas, and pantry.
- Tracks, monitors and re-orders inventory of food, kitchen supplies and equipment.
- Ensures proper refrigeration of food in the refrigerator and freezer.
- Oversees recruitment, training, coordination, and appreciation for volunteer culinary workers.
- Ensures proper décor, table settings, dining protocol and service coordination for events.
- Establishes and maintains policies and procedures for the use of the kitchen and its equipment
- Coordinates serving help and food donations
- Coordinates menus and meals for special dinners, events and church-wide functions
- Establishes and maintains policies and procedures for the use of the kitchen and its contents
- Oversees set up and clean-up of kitchen after event functions
- Assists with preparation of wedding receptions, funeral repasts, prayer breakfasts and other special functions.
- Develops and recommends a budget for operation of kitchen.
- Must have excellent customer service, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge and use of Microsoft Word and Outlook needed.
- Must have a professional, courteous and friendly personality.
- The ability to work in a team environment required.
- High School Diploma required.
- Requires current state Safe Serve Certification.
- Previous experience culinary coordination desired.
- Some Sundays required.
- Manage the affairs of the Kingdom Connection Bookstore.
- Oversee maintenance of point of sale system.
- Manage inventory.
- Implement special promotions and sales.
- Recruit, train and schedule volunteers.
- Maintain on-line bookstore.
- Order merchandise.
- Must have a good eye for design/merchandising and a great customer service mindset.
- Some college preferred.
- 2 years of retail experience required.
- Must have strong computer skills using point of sale systems, MS Outlook and Word.
- Sundays are required.
Application deadline: November 3, 2019